Tuesday, November 24, 2009

About Me


Hi! I’m Emily. I grew up in Muskegon, MI. Three years ago I moved to Seaside, OR with my family. I met my husband, James, while attending Clatsop Community College. We both graduated from Clatsop with AAOT degrees and transferred to the U of O.

I’m majoring in both Spanish and Education Foundations, with Special Education as my minor. This is my second year at the U of O. I began studying Spanish and Special Ed last year, and just started the Ed Foundations program this fall. So, I'm technically a senior, but I'm a junior in the Ed Foundations program.


I haven’t decided whether I want to be a Spanish teacher, ESL teacher, Elementary teacher, or Special Education teacher. Hopefully all of my field studies and observations in classrooms over the next two years will help me decide. Currently, I'm volunteering in a second grade classroom at Buena Vista Spanish Immersion School, and I definitely like the setting! I think it's a great idea to have a Spanish Immersion school for English speaking students to learn Spanish because there are more and more people speaking Spanish in the US, especially here on the west coast. One of my goals is to be fluent in Spanish, and I definitely plan on teaching Spanish in some way. James and I love the Mexican culture, so we plan on studying abroad or living there in the future.